AYNNE VALENCIA BROOKS
Product design, interaction design, prototypes, user interface design experience and strategy, information design, prototypes, user interface design for touch screens, portable devices and web-based applications.
05/2015 – Present
Associate Chair, Interaction Design
California College of Art
Academic and administrative leadership for CCA's BFA in Interaction Design and the new Masters of Interaction Design Graduate program that features a Social Innovation Lab where complex social problems, social design and social entrepreneurship for positive social impact will be explored.
03/2014 – Present
Design Strategy Consultant
Avalen Design Co.
• Lead product design workshops for next generation products
• Conduct competitive analysis
• Research market and tech trends
• Develop personas and design principles
• Consult on strategic product design
• Collaborate with engineering and industrial design teams to create new consumer products (including hardware UI)
• Concept high-level service design
• Provide design direction for creative teams
• Create new concepts for existing products or services
• Concept and creating entirely new products
• Develop product roadmaps and strategy for incorporating new technology channels for existing brands
2012 – 2013
Associate Creative Director
R/GA, San Francisco
• Led multi-disciplinary project teams including Strategy, Visual Design and XD
• Lead and oversee multiple project streams
• Manage senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Coach and mentor the design team
2011 – 2012
Service Design Lead
Fjord, San Francisco
• Design direction for client projects
• Participated in business development, client pitches
• Brought in over 1 million in retainer client business
Clients: University of Phoenix, Apollo Group, Intuit, SunTrust Bank
Experience Design Lead, Product Design & Strategy
Cisco Consumer Products Flip Video Camera (Formerly MOTO Development) , San Francisco
• Lead UI design for five Flip Camera products
• Managed design vendor relations
• Coordinated the successful integration of interaction design, visual design and asset production efforts, managed vendor relationship for hardware user interface, coordinated between web and software design teams, customer advocacy, legal, product development, marketing, mechanical engineering, packaging and industrial design teams.
Digital Product Design Director
AKQA, San Francisco
• Design Direction for the successful launch of McDonald’s URL, a platform that services over 125 countries and 28 languages
• Led design efforts for several new product concepts
• Direction of ID and visual design for Visa Business Network launch
• Participated in business development, client pitches including successfully landing new and returning client business.
Clients: McDonald’s, Nike, Visa, Microsoft
AVALEN, San Francisco
Freelance work in consumer products design and strategy for selected clients.
Clients: eBay, Adobe Systems Inc., AOL, Bank of America
Designed and collected data points for an information graphic detailing the eBay Network, core departments, traffic trending and user flows.
Adobe Systems Inc.
Web design work for the Abobe web team
Experience Design and logic design for Magnet, a visual rss feed reader included in MyAOL tab
Bank of America
Experience Design for Bank of America’s Small Business Community Product
User Experience Lead
Yahoo!, Sunnyvale, CA
• Product Design Lead for the conceptual design, product and business strategy that took Yahoo! Groups to the number 3 company priority for 2006
Product Design Lead
Microsoft New Consumer Products Incubation, Redmond, WA
• Patents for the physical input and interaction models for a new consumer product concept now publicly known as Surface.
• Participated and drafted user research efforts and methods including comprehensive ethnographic studies, and designed music player functionality.
• Designed the shell design (OS) for the first version product demonstration and designed applications used for testing gesture input methods.
Microsoft Consulting Services Creative
A member of a team that dealt directly with clients of Microsoft to create appropriate design for various platforms. Interacted closely with development teams, project management, and client’s internal teams to develop and deliver solutions.
CLIENTS: Wachovia Bank, SixSigma, Verizon, State of Kentucky
• Microsoft Home Broadband Gateway
• Microsoft Messenger “Push to Talk” functionality
• Wachovia Bank’s Customer Support & Management System for Wachovia’s call center
• Verizon’s Customer Support and Management System for their central call center
• Microsoft’s Customer Support and Management System for worldwide call centers
General Assembly San Francisco
• Curriculum design and creation
• Instruction of over 80 Design students
09/2011 - Present
San Francisco State University
• Curriculum design and creation
• Instruction of Interaction Design and Information Design
Co-Leader, Interaction Design Association SF
Domus Academy, Milano Italia
Intensive course on design of innovative consumer electronic tools in the context of mobility physical manipulation, gesture and social networking functions and services.
California State University San Bernardino
B.A. Art History and New Media Studies
Fashion Institute of Design, Costa Mesa
Redesign Your Life
Social Capitals Market International Conference 2012
New, Now, Next
Creating Brand Experiences
10 Things to Know About Experience Design
Paper to People The Fine Art of Designing Digital Experiences with Purpose
Goodby, Silverstein Partners, 2011
Forces for Good
Design Week, San Francisco 2010
The New Mad Men from Silicon Valley
McCann Worldwide, San Francisco, 2009
Designing for Multi-targeted Experiences
UX Australia, Sydney Australia 2009
Viz Farm - Data Visualization for Social Experiences
SF IxDA, IDEO San Francisco, 2008
Reviewer for CHI Conference, 2008, 2011
Reviewer Interaction Design Awards, 2012, 2013